This week concludes the 2nd cycle of Wendler 5/3/1 (modified), and here are the 1RM for each major lift;
- Squat: 309 lbs (Goal 350 lbs)
- Deadlift: 306 lbs (Goal 400 lbs)
- Bench Press: 227 lbs (Goal 300 lbs)
- Standing Military Press: 122 lbs (Goal 180 lbs)
- Bent Barbell Row: 144 lbs (Goal 200 lbs)
- Barbell Curl: 82 lbs (Goal 100 lbs)
Upper body is still the weakest link, especially the upper back. Yes my deadlift is about the same as my squat but that’s because I tweaked something in my back while doing my heavy set this morning and didn’t get all my reps in. Hopefully I can recover from this fairly quickly.
Once the goal weights have been reached, focus will change to hypertrophy in the 8-12 rep ranges for the upper body movements. Lower body size is not a concern as it’s already bigger than I would like it, therefore I will continue with low reps (under 8 reps) to maintain strength numbers.