Another easy recap….it didn’t happen.
This time it was sort of out of my control. Friday morning without warning I woke up around 4:30 AM and felt like a I had a big chunk of something sitting in my stomach, along with plenty of unsettledness in the area. I had this exact same feeling a few weeks ago (Jan 18th to be exact); EXACTLY the same feeling which is really starting to make me wonder what is causing this. Sure enough, 6:55 AM I made a call to the porcelain god, and again at 8:15 AM. No answer in both calls. For the remainder of the day I simply laid on the Laz-boy and watched TV, drank Gatorade once in awhile. Temperature spike at 101.5F around 2 PM. It gradually came down to a dull 99F for the remainder of the evening. I made the call to skip the 6-7 hr trip up north for the race.
Skip to today, Sunday, race day. Although I do feel better, I’m still not 100% and I definitely wouldn’t be putting out all I could if I would have ran the race, and possibly could delay my recoup from this bug. It’s unfortunate that this is the 2nd time this year I have a DNS for a race, not to mention the loss of entry fees.
Oh well, back to my regularly scheduled training this coming week. Next race is May 23rd – The Victoria’s Duathlon.