I’m not even going to try and claim this as mine, but I discovered it and a LOVE IT! You may never want to drink your coffee regular after trying this – and it’s healthy!
Very popular in the low carb domain, the recipe is simple to follow.
- At least 1 tbs unsalted grass-fed butter (or regular unsalted butter if you’re poor like me),
- 1/2 tbs of MCT oil (aka Coconut oil)
- 8-10 oz of hot coffee
5 Steps To Bulletproof Your Coffee
- Make coffee: Brew coffee as you normally would,
- Pre-heat blender: Boil extra water and pour it into a blender while your coffee brews to pre-heat the blender (I just use hot tab water),
- Froth: Empty hot water from the now pre-heated blender and add the brewed coffee, butter, and coconut oil. Blend until there is a thick layer of foam on top like a latte. A Blend-tec or Vitamix blender will do it quickly, a normal countertop blender takes longer, and a handblender works ok if you don’t have a real blender.
- (optional) Add cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate, or a sweetener
- Put on a satisfied look and enjoy the high performance buzz from your creamy mug of Bulletproof Coffee.
Here’s the nutritional info;
Calories: 162 (without anything from Step 4)
Fat: 19g (13g from sat fat)